Wednesday 23 December 2015

REFLECTION

I see a man
Staring back at me
Every time in look into the water
Or I look at a mirror
This man
This figure
The entity
Appears to be my reflection
But how can that be?
When this man is a stranger to me.
He has my hair and my face
My eyes
One would say he is a perfect copy of me
Yet I do not recognize him
This mirage
This REFLECTION
He must be fake
A mere figment of my mind
Manifesting itself as my reflection
I find myself in a paradox of some sorts
I call him unreal
But the longer I look at him
The less authentic I feel
I look deep into his mind
And I see myself
As boy
Playing blissfully in the morning sun
I look deep into the my mind
I do not see this
I do not remember it
Or do i?
And I do not know?
As I contemplate these things
He speaks
The man in the mirror
Who are you?
What have you become?
These questions hit me with force
And I have no answer.
He vanishes from my sight
Whilst I stand in front of the mirror
I am confused
For a moment
I consider the thoughts
Am I real?
Am I fake?
AM I JUST A REFLECTION IN THE MIRROR?

By Naga Avan-Nomayo

3 comments: