Monday 7 December 2015

My Madam.


       Ma!
I screeched as I ran
to heed the call of my madam.
If I wasn't fast enough I might get a slap
Or worse still be sent to sleep in the barn

   Deaf thing!
She yelled,didn't you hear me call you??
I trembled as I gave my excuse.
She stared at me like an owl would at it's prey,
as she gave her orders.

  Wash my clothes,wash the dishes,
Peel the mangoes,boil the fishes
Fry the turkies,dust my jewellries 
And pick the kids at Winnies

  As she strolled out like a lion
I cried out my eyes like a new born.
Why?? Why?? Why??
Why was life like this??
Why are some people rich and others poor??

   I wiped my tears 
And forgot my worries and fears
As I became engrossed in the chores.
I had to finish them before madam returns,
If not she'd call me that name I detest; a whore.

I emptied the bins and wiped my eyelids.
I had picked them from Winnies,those kids
or better put spoil things!
Who are only good at gossiping,
murmuring,scattering and eating.

After removing the clothes from the line
I cleared the table since it was about time to dine. 
From the corner of my eye, I watched her sip her wine.
Oh how I hate her,her mouth's sharper than a spine!
How I wish all she had were mine.

As I dusted I became lost in thoughts...
She's so fat and so useless,
She doesn't even file her nails herself!
What type of life is she living?
She must be going crazy. No!! Nuts.

All she does is to eat, party,
drink,smoke,gist,gossip,
talk and play with those snobbish kids,
shout,yell and give orders!
Yet she has a handsome husband.

As I wondered in my own world,
little did I know that I was asleep
on my madam's beautiful sofa...
Until my madam brought me back to reality....
 With a thunderous slap!!

By Ademola-Aliu Funke
#AAF

No comments:

Post a Comment